Start date: August 2023
Contract: Freelance part-time (approx. 2 days per month)
The Society for Dance Research is seeking an independent, organised and motivated Administrator to manage and support the Society’s administrative, financial, marketing and communication needs.
The role is an independent freelance position for an individual with at least three years’ experience in arts administration, who is able to work independently and from their own base. Some experience or knowledge of the UK dance academia, board management, charity governance, events coordination, finance management, and strong marketing skills are required. Experience of working with WordPress, MailChimp, Eventbrite, Google Drive, and social media platforms is desirable. The role will suit someone who identifies as an all-rounder, and is highly organised, numerate, adaptable, with excellent written/verbal communication skills, and ability to manage own workload.
About the Society for Dance Research (SDR):
The Society for Dance Research is an internationally focused, British-based non-profit society that supports and develops scholarly interests in all forms of dance through seminars, conferences, performances, and publications. Our journal, Dance Research, is addressed to scholars and practitioners working within the many disciplines which constitute dance studies, providing an international forum for the presentation and discussion of contemporary dance research.
The Society for Dance Research Executive Committee is made up of internationally-recognised dance scholars and professionals interested in advancing the study and appreciation of all forms of dance.
For more information, please visit our website:http://societyfordanceresearch.org/wp/
- Scheduling meetings
- Booking meeting room space (where applicable)
- Attend all SDR meetings and Away Days (4 x meetings and 1 x Away Day per year)
- Supporting the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Membership Secretary as required, and occasional cover of duties (minute-taking, communication with members)
- Respond to enquiries & manage The Society’s inbox
- Share financial overview with the Treasurer and maintain up to date accounts
- Issue payments via cheque and manage The Society’s invoicing system
- Support in annual reporting to charity commission
Marketing and communications
- Lead on all marketing and communications responsibilities
- Write, edit, and manage all content on the The Society’s website (WordPress)
- Design, write, edit e-newsletters in coordination with Newsletter Editor (MailChimp)
- Maintain mailing lists and membership database in coordination with Membership Secretary and Edinburgh University Press
- Manage and monitor ticket sales of events through Eventbrite and upload content to events page
- Generate content and write posts for social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Plan and deliver marketing campaigns for The Society’s events
- Ensure information about The Society’s events are disseminated to relevant networks and partner organisations
- Actively seek new avenues for The Society to promote its activities
The Independent Administrator reports to the Executive Committee and is managed by the Chair.
Salary: £168 per day for two days per month (including travel time and travel expenses within London when required). Fee paid every three months, though workload can be distributed unevenly across the year depending on busy periods leading up to events.
For any enquiries or to apply for the role of Independent Administrator, please send a CV, cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 12 July
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview on zoom on 21 July with a decision by 26 July
A handover date will be scheduled for second week in August with the current administrator and the right candidate should be able to start the role in August